Monday, August 9, 2010

BLISS!!!



What better way to spend an afternoon then with a cup of Lady Grey tea and a slice of freshly baked Apricot Loaf?
We're having beautiful Spring weather here! The sun is shining and I've picked my first bunch of Lavender from my garden this year!
Oh the smell of the fresh Lavender make that cuppa taste even better!



The recipe for the Apricot loaf:
1 cup dried apricots- chopped and tightly packed
1/2 cup sultanas
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 egg
2 cups self raising flour
  • Place apricots,sultanas & butter in a mixing bowl, add hot water and stir gently until butter dissolves
  • mix in sugar, egg & flour, combine well
  • put into a greased loaf tin & bake at 200C for 40 min, cool on cooling rack

( I found this recipe online ages ago, unfortunately I can't remember where! If you do know, email me and I will edit my post to include this information!)






(138 days until Christmas!)

No comments: