Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rag stuffing



For a while now I've been thinking of rag stuffing a doll!
But was a little worried about the end results: Would it be too lumpy, too floppy etc!
So while I was stitching this little pillow (part of the Mehitable Wright's Redwork Sampler pattern from Pineberry Lane),I decided it would be a good idea to try stuffing the little pillow (4.4"x2.5") with some rags.
Off I went to the local op-shop and bought an old flannel sheet and ripped a 3" section into .5" stripes which I then cut into little itty bits! 
When done with that I firmly stuffed the pillow and I just have to say I LOVE it!!! The pillow feels nice and firm, and I love the feel of it more then when I stuff with polyfill.
Now I can't wait to get going on the doll!
I wonder if I will need more old flannel sheets or will this 1 single bed sheet ( minus 3" I used for the pillow) be enough?

1 comment:

Miss Muggins said...

That looks very prim. Can't wait to see the doll.