Friday, September 26, 2008

Dutch Apple Turnovers


I woke up at some ungodly hour this morning couldn't sleep, so I decided to get up and bake!

One of my Fav things to bake(coz it reminds me of my Grandma's home) is Dutch Apple Turnovers. I've decided to share this recipe here:


Ingredients: (to make 20)

5 puff pastry sheets

2 large apples

1/2 cup of raisins (soaked in hot water)

lemon juice

sugar

cinnamon powder


Core and peel apples, dice them and mix with raisins, 2 tblsps of sugar, 2 tblsp of lemon juice and cinnamon powder to taste.

Divide puff pastry sheets in 4, wet the edges with some water and add 1 tblsp of the apple mixture in the centre. Fold the squares into a triangle and seal edges by pressing them down with a fork. Brush top with water and sprinkle some sugar on.

Bake in a pre-heated oven (195C) for 15 min or golden brown.

Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or cold with whipped cream.


I know that 20 sounds like a lot, but if I don't hide them they disappear very quickly!




No comments: